• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Back again...w/ D20 Komatsu

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
Vintage Restos & occasional Tractors
Going to move forward on this as the steering brake band looks like it's down to the rivets. Can see how everything gets pretty rusted in there as well. Lifted the back end up with the old case backhoe that you all on this site helped me to get back together and set the dozer on some timbers to get it off the ground a couple inches. Going to tackle taking this thing apart and see how the steering clutches come out. We shall see how it goes today.

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
IMG_2027.JPG Now that we have manual, I see nothing comes apart from the outside. Have one of the steering clutches out. Going to rebuild and put new bands in it when parts arrive. The track rotates by hand now and nothing seems to be impeding it. I guess it's process of elimination, but it did need the clutches redone. Here's my other issue. The left side has the steering clutches undone so the track rotates by hand with tranny in neutral. So shouldn't the jack be able to rotate the other side as well if tranny in neutral? Could the locking up be a tranny issue?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
If one clutch is disconnected the final drive bevel gear is no longer attached to both so either will spin independently.

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
The jacked up side did finally break loose. It must look like the one side we pulled out first. Think ill order the drums for steering clutches as well - it's pretty nicked up inside.

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
Just wanted to share on where I ended up getting parts for this thing. Was really happy with the prices compared to the other quotes I got. Kent Baugh Equipment in Tx. Fast shipping too.

OVERTORQUED

Occupation
Ok I'm pulling my hair out. The manual says to put engine oil in the hydraulic tank. It says to put engine oil in the gear box. Why would I not be using hydraulic fluid in the hydraulic tank? Is this a misprint? I have to fill this thing back up and I'm confused. If it's engine oil then I'm gonna be spending heinous amounts of money on this POS I just fixed. Please help.