• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

B30E EGR Cooler Leaking - Replacement or Aftermarket Availability?

631G

Occupation
Civil Superintendent
One of our newer B30E's (BAT7333 SN:8785) has developed an EGR cooler leak. I am being told this is a nonserviceable part. I called around to a few of the google hits on searching for "EGR cooler repair" and everyone I've spoken to have said "no can do".

The engine is an OM936LA. I don't know what the cross over is for a Detroit but I have to believe there are aftermarket parts or Detroit parts I can buy that are not OEM with associated price.... Any help or direction on where to go next is appreciated. It may be just open the old wallet, grin and bear it.

631G

Occupation
Civil Superintendent
Doesn't a Bell truck use a Mercedes engine?
Yes. Detroit's DD8 is the same engine in these trucks. This is helpful for allowing me to go outside the dealer for parts. Thats the route I've ended up going down.