• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

B-70 vs Maxi Haul trucks

akpolaris

What is the difference between the Maxi Haul & B-70 trucks. What is the carrying capacity of these rigs. How about some pics please.

I tried posting this in the truck section but got no response so hopefully I can try it here.
Thanks

stepp3360

akpolaris,
The Maxi-Haul are heavy duty trailer rear dumps pulled by say a Kenworth C-500, while the B-70's are Euclid tractors pulling bottom dump trailers. If I understand correctly Alaska has the largest remaining fleet of B-70's in the world. Most if no all that been re-powered by either Caterpillar or newer style Detroit diesels. Maxi-Haul trailers seem to be mainly built in British Columbia by K-line trailers. Their use use on the slope was pioneered by I think Caldwilder trucking out of Fairbanks. AIC, Alaska Frontier and maybe others still run the B-70's, Quality Asphalt swapped their Euclid tractors for Cat 773's a couple of years ago.

akpolaris

Stepp thank you. I am on the slope and see these going back and forth and had a question. I assume that the weights are determined by the tires and axle group configurations?? How about the articulating rock trucks? what are they designated as?