• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Axe Men beyond belief

TEC

Are you guys seriously trying to tell me that when Gabe had two crews working and they choked the same log then started to pull they weren't just pulling one log? Or when they sent the chainsaw down to the crew and it fell out of the choker and got smashed to pieces all while going through a time shift and becoming and older Stihl saw?

You also seem to infer that the Mountain Men show is a load of crap.

The truth is if that is reality, I'm more of a mountain man than these guys. 'oh my, I tilted my snow machine on it's side and it leaked a little fuel, my whole GD cabin could burn down','my snow machine broke down ten miles from camp', can the camera crew give you a ride back to camp? Hell no, I'm a mountain man, I'll hoof it. Well my Yukon broke through the ice around a washed out culvert on a logging road around Gogama Ontario, tried for a couple hours to get it out, then grabbed my thermos of coffee and walked twenty six miles out to hwy 144. No camera crew, I never said 'I'm screwed', no search party, no drama. I think any hunter, fisherman, forestry worker in northern Ontario has had more excitement that these guys. I'd be surprise if anyone but the guy in Alaska is out o cell range.

BUT, if I was offered TV money who knows what stupidity I might get up to. Probably have a bunch of haters start a thread about me on HEF.

Tom.

PFS

Occupation
Student
Also, when Gabe made a second crew, How the hell did the other one get it's loads out? They were both using the road, so yeah he was doubling his productivity, but how was he getting his loads to the mill? Because i'm not from Washington or North America for that matter, so I'm picking you guys own your own trucks and don't have a Dispatch system? If by that, and he only had 3 or 4 trucks, he'd still be getting the same amount of wood out.Or, he could have hired extra trucks, and i must have missed the second road, or missed some info.

TEC

Because i'm not from Washington or North America for that matter,

What exactly is this about?

Tom

BDFT

You don't have to be from Washington or North America to know idiots when you see them. I bet you have your fair share in Oz,

PFS

Occupation
Student
Just watched the episode where Shelby gets shot at by a man with a bow and arrow. Never laughed so hard. Why would you point a camera at someone who was about to shoot you?

johnson

Here is what the Ax Men cast should look like:
-JM Browning Logging and Trucking
-Papac Alaska Logging
-Big Gun Logging
-Swamp Man Logging
-Mike Pihl Logging
-Phoenix Logging

johnson

I don't care if its fake,animated,scripted or if they just found a bunch of dvd's in the trash and decided to make a show out of it.I like the show(as long as Shelby is on it),all except S&S and Rygaard too much yelling and fighting and barely any logging,if you don't like the show then don't watch it!It's that simple.

Last edited:

Bumpus

Occupation
Disability / Retired
I don't care if its fake,animated,scripted or if they just found a bunch of dvd's in the trash and decided to make a show out of it.I like the show,all except S&S and Rygaard too much yelling and fighting and barely any logging,if you don't like the show then don't watch it!It's that simple.

I know about real logging and this is junk ! ! !

I did not need anyone to tell me to not watch
and I stopped watch that fake trash a long time ago ! ! !

johnson

Well I don't know that much about logging but I'm willing to learn,logging is something that I would consider making my life's work and it's shows like Ax Men that got me interested,and it wasn't the yelling and the punching that got me interested because I know that logging is not all that it was the hard work,the heavy equipment,being outdoors and I know that logging isn't all like on Ax Men but who would want to watch a skycar go up and down the skyline all day long,that ain't fun except your out there doing it!And hell if someone offered a scholarship to Harward and a job with a logging company in the north west id be on that yarder landing in a hart beat and if your wondering why me and other people watch the show its because it gives us a view into a world many of us will not experience.And would you recommended a kid who likes logging and ain't afraid of hard work (me) to go for it and try to be a logger?

Bumpus

Occupation
Disability / Retired
And would you recommended a kid who likes logging and ain't afraid of hard work (me) to go for it and try to be a logger?

Yes I would ... but go with a logging co.
who is for real, and it can be very dangerous ! ! !

TEC

It is all fake ! ! !

Nooooooooooo........

I thought we all knew that when the the tree fell on that guys truck, you know the truck we never saw till it was hit by a tree. You get me some of that TV money and I'll make my industry look like a bunch of morons too. With all the response these threads get on this forum we know there's an audience.

I'm surprised that on gold rush a truck, no an inspectors truck, hasn't been crushed by an excavator coming out of a hole. Maybe next year..

Tom

johnson

Jimmy Smith passed away on November first 2012.May he Rest In Peace and althow he wasn't our favorite I'm shoure he will be missed.