• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Axe Men beyond belief

BIG D

I cant imagine what the producer of this show is thinking. The latest shows are filled with staged idiotic things such as dropping a tree on a employees car using old unsafe cables just plain stuff that belongs on the Jack Ass show. As long as I am venting the disrepect of fellow employees and Father son relationships ia appualing I could could go on but I will stop here thanks Tht BIG D

OldandWorn

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed as well. I used to look forward to watching that show. Flushed the log but it keeps floating back up....Ole Pond Bear tells it like it is. :D

FWD

I wasn't going to watch last years series, but did and it was disgusting, really makes loggers look bad.
I have not watched this year and probably will not start either, especially after these comments.
FWD

Justin

Occupation
owner operator
I wasn't going to watch last years series, but did and it was disgusting, really makes loggers look bad.
I have not watched this year and probably will not start either, especially after these comments.
FWD

I agree they make the logging industry look stupid. They apparently got rid of the only professionals on the show (Browning) and left the jokers that make it hard for people to take the rest of us seriously.

JeremyM70

Occupation
Electronics Tech
I agree they make the logging industry look stupid. They apparently got rid of the only professionals on the show (Browning) and left the jokers that make it hard for people to take the rest of us seriously.

I agree, show is a joke. Browning decided on their own to not be a part of the circus.

heavylift

BS to the max, just the footage is enough to draw a fine from OSHA, they have all the evidence they need each week.
These reality shows fines could probably balance the US budget :)

Wolfcsm

Was thinking that if OSHA was awake and functioning (and watching the show), they would be very interested in a number of things I have seen. I was thinking that if I could see the Bronco in the shot of the tree needing to be felled, that Gabe should have been able to see it also and just maybe think that it should be moved. Was looking at the shot of the hold line before it failed and figured that it was about half the size needed to do that job. Think that if a crew leader like Cotsy grabbed me and started chocking me - like he did on the show, he would be in for an ass-whopping. Almost no matter the consequesnce. Not sure I would want to work for someone who condoned a cerw leader like that. Last, seems that the Swampman is just a nut that has fun breaking things.

Hal

hoglogg

its a soap opera ,,,, 99 percent of the crap on tv is bs almost as much as on the internet.....

tracksfan

the show really went downhill. i enjoy seeing how they log and the equipment they use. now it looks staged and to much arguing. i fast forward that stuff, doesn't leave much left to watch.
and to top it all off i heard that same sound effect like screeching metal that made me have to watch ice road truckers with the sound off. Sheeesh!!!

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
The only reason I watch it is for the pure comedic value. Monty Python, Benny Hill, Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, Larry, Moe & Curly and Bevis & Butthead couldn't come up with better slap stick than the douche bag that produces this show. I told my dad the other night that if he would have ever yelled at me like Big Stupid Jimmy does his kid, I'd have drowned him. He said "I would have let ya!"

I don't blame Jay Browning for getting out the show. That man is a herd bull when it comes to logging, and he wouldn't want his reputation to be drug through the mud by the rest of the jackwagons that are still doing this show. I really liked watching when Jay's crew was working, cause it was like a job should be.. well ran with great production and minimal BS.

PusGut Rygaard is only doing the show because he can't make a living any other way. My girlfriend pointed out that Super Dave's rig was parked below where he was falling that tree. (I was to busy asking myself why in the world he just didn't cut the one on the left that was hanging that direction, then falling the one he fell on Dave's rig the same direction. If anybody who has ever cut a tree, watches it again, you'll see what I mean!!) Another thing I don't quite get, is why didn't Daveo catch a ride in the crewbus that day. Seems like it was a total setup.

And as far as Mike Papac goes, WOW is all I can say. That man needs to step in and rein his crew a little bit. Little tiffs in the rigging are one thing. It's bound to happen. But the screaming, hollering, and shoving people off logs into the brush is another. If Coatsy worked for me, that little ***** would have been crab bait after he choked one of my hands on the job. If ya wanna fight and stuff, do it off the clock at the bar, not on my job. That guy he choked should have found a pipe or a ball batt and made mince meat outta him, right then and there. He would have got promoted to hooktender!

Shellby is a wreck wating to happen. The thing I find so funny about him is, they say how much each one of his logs are worth. If he wasn't constantly wreacking his stuff, mabey he could by a new shirt or two! The reason why he is always having to find someone new to help him is he keeps draging them closer to death, and he can't pay them because of all his wrecks! I wouldn't be the least bit surpized if they don't pair Jimmy and Shellby together next time around.

Big Gun. Seems to me Phil bought them some t-shirts, set them up with a dinosaur loader/yarder and a job well away from the rest of his rag-tag crew to get the film crews, and OSHA off his back.

I really can't wait to see what the boys from Montana bring to the plate. The horse loggers and stuff from back east must really need some bail-out money as well. Bring on the laughs!!

Bumpus

Occupation
Disability / Retired
It's all fake, but there are people who will believe almost anything.

Just look at big time wrestling ( going on for many years ) which is a fake
and nothing more than stunt men.

Aklogging

Occupation
Logger/sawmill owner
It's upsetting they have to add in all the drama used to be a good show. They make it look bad for all of us that do it for real. Things are hard enough for us

PFS

Occupation
Student
Of the producer had any brains, or respect for that matter, he would go back to season one and re-hire all those crews, Gustafson, Browning, Pihl & Stump branch. Keep it logging, and not a bunch of people who yell and scream at each other all day! Personally, i don't really like the river logging, it's more just grab a log and brake 10 different things to get it to the surface and take it back down the river, by which time the day's done. Horse logging makes the industry look & sound like it's going that bad we had to sell our heavy machinery and use a team of horses, which was once used 200 years ago. IT'S ALL WRONG!. And then Rygaard just make the industry look like there's no money in it at all! Like at that Honey hole job he got rid of his, (sort of) modern equipment and instead decided to log with old, old machinery and say it's all great and fun! The whole reason we use modern equipment and techniques, is so we can make more money and have no where near as many headache's while doing it! On a better note, I quite enjoyed Lemare Lake logging, and seeing those huge trucks pulling huge loads, although the bsing made it look a tad stupid. And i quite liked R & R Conner, I't showed me a side of logging I'd never seen before.

But anyway, It either has to go back to LOGGING, or go off the airway's.

johnson

The show is really going down hill,Shelby's cool,S&S and Rygaard are getting worse every year just a bunch of idiots screaming at each other Big Gun is the only one doing real hard work,Papac is getting better last year they wer just idiots screaming and pulling tailhollds, they should bring back JM Browning,Pihl and Lemare Lake,Lemare Lake Logging would be King of the Mountain if they had a bigger job they pulled almost the same loads in half the time,Siderius is kinda boring,horse loggers do give a impression that the industry hasn't changed since the 19th century.

johnson

Same thing happened on Gold Rush,Todd Hoffman came to Porcupine Creek and did what he did,next year he went to Klondike and MSHA came to Porcupine Creek thinking he is still there but they ended up fining and closing Schnabel's Big Nugget mine and Dakota Fred's Jim Nail Placer Gold Mine (Hoffman's old claim).

SeaMac

Occupation
Operator
I don't believe there is much "reality" in reality shows, writers these days have nothing to write about so we the viewers get stuck watching garbage. The writers do know and take advantage of the fact that controversy, discord and negativity sells so that's what they bring to market. I agree with other's here, if OSHA were actually watching, these morons would be fined to the point of bankruptcy.

Frank Dodson

Occupation
retired college professor and administrator
The new show Mountain Men is really a joke. It seems that each man is flirting with death by just walking out the door. Who in their right mind would run an Alaskan trap line without a gun?