• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

awesome pic of a D11 being picked up!

Klutz

Occupation
Engineer
You are really good at finding pics, Pullpan! These ones certainly made my day. Do you take some pics yourself?

9420pullpan

i do take some pics but most of them i find on the web. im hoping when i move to california in a couple weeks that i get a chance to take some col pix out there and pass them along. i cant wait to drive to the west coast i hope i see some coll stuff.....

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
What part of California are you going to and what brings you out here?

9420pullpan

sacramento area im tired of the east tired of the bs with a certain company. im looking to run grader out in california and i like the area. cant wait!

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
He will have no problem finding work out here, but personally I can't wait to get out of here.

9420pullpan

i already have a friend out there and he ahs a job lined up for me at that company to run grader. like dozerboy said the is tons of work out there just gotta find it!

cat992C

This picture was taken at The Black Thunder Mine out in the PRB.The dragline that is pulling the D11R is the BE2570WS called Ursa Major

544D10

Occupation
Lucas & Mercier Construction Co.
Thats the one that got scooped up in that big open wheel miner.

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
No, that was a D8R in Germany, or was it Alberta? It was a D8, anyway....
CRS strikes me Frequently, these days..
Hope this helps,
alan627b

HeyUvaVT

The dozer that got scooped up is CRAZY..anyone know the back story on this?

Attachments

• excavatorvsdozer1.jpg
    excavatorvsdozer1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 5,310
  • excavatorvsdozer3.jpg
    excavatorvsdozer3.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 4,469

Cat Dr.

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
Another D11 in distress

The site where i did my apprenticeship had a nasty habit of breaking machines, heres a couple of D11R's in distress
Cheers

Attachments

• Cadia D11R on Rock.jpg
    Cadia D11R on Rock.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 8,543
  • BD02 Sleepy1.jpg
    BD02 Sleepy1.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 7,951
  • cadia009_175.jpg
    cadia009_175.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 3,257

HeyUvaVT

yikes...i like your avatar too! poor little ford,...but back to my question...does anyone know how that dozer got caught up in that wheel excavator?

Cat Dr.

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
I'd imagine it was pushing in around the bucket wheel and just got a little too close for comfort - must be some torque in that bucket wheel to pick up a D8 like that! I'd reckon the seat might have wanted changing after that too!

JDOFMEMI

yikes...i like your avatar too! poor little ford,...but back to my question...does anyone know how that dozer got caught up in that wheel excavator?

The story I heard on another forum was that the operator took a break, and apparently left the D-8 in a blind spot. No one was in it when it got scooped up. Must have been a shock to the bucket wheel operator when the dozer showed up in his hopper!:eek:

Cat Dr.

Occupation
Diesel Fitter
The story I heard on another forum was that the operator took a break, and apparently left the D-8 in a blind spot. No one was in it when it got scooped up. Must have been a shock to the bucket wheel operator when the dozer showed up in his hopper!:eek:

More than likely! I'm just running on assumption! Either way it's pretty unreal! At least it sounds like no-one was hurt which is the main thing i suppose!:thumbsup