• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Average age on the forum

Average age on the forum

• 1-10

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 11-20

Votes: 62 7.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 225 27.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 196 24.1%
  • 41-50

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 138 17.0%
  • 61+

Votes: 50 6.2%

• Total voters

Patriots88

I'm 20 going to school full time, and work part time for the family construction business.

MAC-EX

I'll be hitting the ole 40th milestone in a couple of months. I do not participate in the old thing. lol:usa

bill onthehill

just turned 55. got seven new sleeves in the heart and a computer to keep it ticking. what I wouldn't give to be 30 for just one night!! but I am enjoying life as a medically retired guy now and spend my time traveling to see the granddaughters. going to florida in 3-4 weeks for the birth of #5. life is good! bill

insleyboy

Occupation
Operator 25 years, was laborer for 7 years
SuperSteve...take a lil advise. Get off the rig for a while and set some manhole sumps.....check some grades with a string and a rock out in a parking lot, help a crane operator assemble tracks and boom to a 4100 Manitowoc, What I mean is your probably a good operator for your age. Maybe the best in miles around where you live.No Doubt about that! Just make sure you have the angles from around the ground levels that a pipe layer see's or have a bit of an idea what the guy pulling the string sees lower to the earth. Giving yourself a good look at these levels will only enhance what you already have on your side! Don't rush it too fast kid. I was in your shoes, but took a step back and the view is astounding. Ask dad, He should know what I'm trying to say

special tool

SuperSteve...take a lil advise. Get off the rig for a while and set some manhole sumps.....check some grades with a string and a rock out in a parking lot, help a crane operator assemble tracks and boom to a 4100 Manitowoc, What I mean is your probably a good operator for your age. Maybe the best in miles around where you live.No Doubt about that! Just make sure you have the angles from around the ground levels that a pipe layer see's or have a bit of an idea what the guy pulling the string sees lower to the earth. Giving yourself a good look at these levels will only enhance what you already have on your side! Don't rush it too fast kid. I was in your shoes, but took a step back and the view is astounding. Ask dad, He should know what I'm trying to say

This might be the best advise I have read on here.
It is very important to have a little of ALL other mechanic's perspective on the jobsite!
That little bit of dirt that's out of reach looks a lot smaller when you're on the machine.;)

Dozer575

Banned
Occupation
Machinist and occasional pt Dozer oper
Back when I was in school I remember the teacher talking about retirement and social security, she said at the rate they are lowering the retirement age, you all will probably be retiring when your 45 years old. Yeah I wish.

JimInOz

Average Age

45 & doing OK.Fresh air,exercise,no smokes,little drink...I can climb a tree,crawl under a dozer,swing on a socket bar....& catch a woman.I plan on living to 120!;)

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Average Age:

Well, I was going to vote... but thought a picture might be more descriptive.

I don't know if the poor old critter made it or not... :(

But, I've got a birthday coming up in about 2 months, and it's getting closer to spring time... warming up a little I think.

I know I feel just a little better... and look a hell of a lot better... :cool2

Did burn my arm a little from my dozer exhaust stack, when I slipped off the hood... reason for the cane too... :eek:

No problem though... a guy heals fast if he ain't to old... ;)

Neandertaler_reconst.jpg

OCR... LOL... :)

Just another corn ball attempt at humor... LOL
This guy might be our ancestor.

TD-8

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I am 18. my dad and i just fired up our dozer service business this last year, but i have been around the equipment all my life.

FWD

I'm 58 and have been around machinery most of my life. Some of the machines have tried to get me when my guard was down or was it my carelessness. Anyway, I hope to make a few more years.