• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aux throttle control for f800 with knuckleboom

John V

Heya, is there any relatively simple way to rig up a hand throttle control near the knuckle boom controls that wouldn’t disrupt normal foot pedal control during driving? This palfinger crane is great, but she runs much better at ~1100rpm than 750. I’m often going back and forth between the crane and sawing/rigging a log, so having a hand throttle to rev up and down would be a lifesaver.
It’s a 1995 Ford f800, 8.3 Cummins, 5+2

crane operator

If you have air, you can use a williams air throttle slave and either a air pedal or a johnson bar as a control.

A1297B3_01.jpg

air_throttle_layout.gif
AB8326%20TC-2%20Hand%20Control%20Valve-600x600.jpg

You also could just set it up with a hand throttle in the cab like a lot of guys use on a PTO set up, with a cable if you don't have air.

VCGT_top.jpg

John V

I do have air (brakes). My current throttle control is a solid rod that pivots on the back of the foot pedal. I’m trying to imagine connecting a hand throttle cable to that linkage on the injection pump. But if it’s a hand throttle that would hold its position, wouldn’t that disrupt the return spring when using the foot pedal?

Attachments

• A6617921-CDD8-4919-A495-BA46C776553C.jpeg
    A6617921-CDD8-4919-A495-BA46C776553C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19

Old Doug

Put a longer bolt in were the linkage is hooked now and drill a hole in it for the cable to go through then put a cable clamp on the end of the cable. The cable will slide in the bolt when the foot pedal is used.

John V

Put a longer bolt in were the linkage is hooked now and drill a hole in it for the cable to go through then put a cable clamp on the end of the cable. The cable will slide in the bolt when the foot pedal is used.
Gotcha! I'll give that a shot.