• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Automann parts ???

walkerv

Anyone have any day to day use of this aftermarket on truck parts , if so whats good whats not... my previous experience working for dealers and a garbage company i stay away from all aftermarket slacks and run genuine bendix valves if that was oem , i have had to much trouble with those 2 products in the aftermarket do to people triing to save a dollar. Air drier parts also .i stay geniune with those parts also

pushbroom

We have used suspension parts, pete hood brackets and random other parts from them. Good quality parts and a good price. Hood brackets came with identical bolts, bushings and hardware. We opted to order the steel version instead of the aluminum.

walkerv

I recently used a couple s-cams they work but seemed kinda soft. I prefer euclid cams we shall see what they look like when brakes on that truck are due again , i have to side step the boss man on air valves constantly i get new bendix only no reman anything learned this on garbage trucks, owner dont care so i dont worry about that , i sorta had an incognito chat with him once ,he said use what you know works and lasts as long as my trucks stop and are safe .

walkerv

The place we have that sells that line never seems to have what i need which wouldnt be a problem if we had sone kind of parts room, i call fleetpride or dealer and one of them usually has what i need in stock. If i can ever go thru the parts and clean out the crap from the good and organize it i could place stock orders for stuff i know i need on hand , till then i go with what i need and who has it in stock . Boss man doesnt realize i came to him with my own list of good contacts that i built up over the last 8 years and i can get most of them to give me better then normal pricing due to i know what they sell to the garbage companies for , i kept about 70k in the parts room and did all the organizing and inventory of it and figured out how to sneak parts into stock lol this prevented alot of down time . The place i work for now no such problems like that just to busy to organize.

repowerguy

Occupation
mixer truck mechanic
Their Mack chairs are the stuff, hack out the broken Mack chair and slide in their chair from the bottom, put in the spacer blocks and bolts, done.

repowerguy

Occupation
mixer truck mechanic
The suspension and cross member on Mack rears. The OE style you have to clean the frame rails of all bolts and dirt, then slide it in from the rear, the Automann is as wide as the flanges on the frame then you use steel spacers to fill in the gaps.

Reactions: DB2

walkerv

The suspension and cross member on Mack rears. The OE style you have to clean the frame rails of all bolts and dirt, then slide it in from the rear, the Automann is as wide as the flanges on the frame then you use steel spacers to fill in the gaps.
Gotcha never hear the trunnion referred to as a chair before and i have worked on macks for 19 years. I have heard those work ok have never personally seen one installed in a truck.