• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Auto crane 3204

Pat Linke

Have an autocrane 3204 on my f450. Recently I completely dissassybled it to redo the main bearing. Ever since I put it back together everything works great besides the hoist up or down. It works but super super slow. I barely use it anymore because of it being such a pain with a slow hoist. I have the diagram and book for it everything seems to check out according to the diagrams. Anyone have any ideas. I replaced all three relays too. The two for hoist up and hoist done and one for pump to operate side to side and boom up and down.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Does your crane need a sliding contact to ground the upper part through the turntable spindle? My 6006 electric does, and its possible your old bearings were dry enough that they were doing the grounding. Hook a jumper cable to the upper and the frame of the truck and see if that speeds things up. Clean the connection spots well too.