• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Austin-Western Grader

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
Here is a picture I took of a pretty good looking old Austin-Western grader parked along the road in Northern Michigan on one of our rides in the country.

Attachments

• P4250003.jpg
    P4250003.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 6,904

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
Somebody put in a lot of restoration time on that machine!!!

cat d9

Occupation
manager and general FO in general
Don,
Does it have the IH engine or the Detroit Diesel

Super Roel

Austin Western grader .

Here is a picture I took of a pretty good looking old Austin-Western grader parked along the road in Northern Michigan on one of our rides in the country.
I have a few pictures from a similar machine in military livery .
This was from a historic with old iron .

Attachments

• Herschaalde kopie van Austin Western enkel assige grader.jpg
    Herschaalde kopie van Austin Western enkel assige grader.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 3,868
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 4,811

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
Very Nice !! I love graders TOO !! Not sure what it had for a engine , but I would have loved to buy it , I think it was priced at $3,500.00
I almost got to drive my first grader last summer, maybe this summer . Possibly a Cat no. 16

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
I have built about 15 all steel model graders and enjoyed making the parts and watching them take shape on my workbench. Here is one of the all steel grader models I built.

Attachments

• ACgrader.jpg
    ACgrader.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 3,738

Super Roel

Graders ,

I have built about 15 all steel model graders and enjoyed making the parts and watching them take shape on my workbench. Here is one of the all steel grader models I built.

Hello Mr. Campbell ,

Thanks for your reply , i was for almost 40 years grader operator , i just retired , and i have more than 100 gradermodels , towed , tr.grader and motorgraders , and a lot off graderbrochures and pictures , but what you mentioned about a Cat no 16 thats is great machine and i hope you enjoying it .

doncampbell

Occupation
snowplowing/lawncare
Hi Roel,
Sounds like you got a great collection of grader toys and literature. I also love looking at literature. I guess I got this liking of machinery pretty bad. It's almost like a drug, but to get a fix I just head to the shop and build a few more model machinery parts, ha,ha.

vanderlei

Occupation
tree service
old grader

hello mr. Campbell!their replies are breathtaking! you cat has manufactured some 12 grader with cabin?'ve seen the pictures of their projects and graders are my favorite machines!:notworthy:drinkup