• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aussie Cattle Trucks

Stripeyjack

Well having recently seen on HEF livestock transport in the land of the stars and stripes :usa, in particular Oklahoma, heres a few of my pics illustrating things from the Aussie perspective.....;)

Attachments

• P1040021 - Copy.jpg
    P1040021 - Copy.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 6,559
  • camooweal - Copy.JPG
    camooweal - Copy.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,694
  • rta1.jpg
    rta1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,937
  • talbits.jpg
    talbits.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,605
  • RTA.jpg
    RTA.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,362

Eric

Very cool. I bet those guys wish they had a full size sleeper. Those Aussie rigs always have those little sleepers, 36'' stand -up's. They'd feel like a king in a 70" Pete.

td25c

Great pictures Stripeyjack.The road trains are neet looking riggs.In the third picture it looks like they are at the loading dock.Those are some nice trucks.Glad to here you boys down under like them as Mack and Kenworth come from the land of stars and stripes.We do our best to satisfy our friends & nieghbors down under.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Wow, nice pics. We do have some truckers here in the states that have some nice looking trucks. But I have to admit, you boy's in OZ and New Z sure know how to deck out a truck and bring out the bulldog in a Mack. :)

Eric

Probably because Aussie truckies don't sleep:D

True. I suppose you don't have the same tight regulations?? Our D.O.T mandates are getting worse all the time. Even when I drove over the road with the wife we could "fudge" the log books quite a bit with the two of us driving.... free rein with two log books. Anymore log books are dissapearing and electronic logs and little black boxe are the way of the future.

Stripeyjack

25c you are on the money with your comments reagrding loading...generally roadtrains load through the front left hand corner as seen in that photo and load all three trailers through without needing to shift the vehicle. You would agree it would be quite a feat backing three trailers into a loading race...(I have enough trouble backing B-Doubles some days:Banghead). With B-Doubles, most reverse into the race and load through into the front trailer as well rather than split the trailers. Eric in regard to your comments about log books they have just been replaced in Oz with 'work diaries' (essentially the same thing:rolleyes:)...drivers these days just about have to have a university qualification to fill the thing out, with the government agencies more than happy enough it seems to book a driver for not filling it out properly or for spelling mistakes! Anyway heres a couple more pics I got out of the archive over the weekend;)

Attachments

• hayes2.jpg
    hayes2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,897
  • hayesbd.jpg
    hayesbd.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,148
  • rtact.jpg
    rtact.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 931

td25c

Thats neet Stripeyjack.Any trouble getting the cattle on the upper deck due to a longer loading shute? Thanks for sharing the pictures mate.