• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Auger for Mini Excavator

DeadMoo

Hi,
I'm looking at getting an auger for my Kubota K008 1 ton excavator (5.55 gpm flow) and have so far come across the following and wondering if anyone has experiences with them. Looking to use this for 4x4 ( 8" auger bit) and 6x6 (10" auger bit) fence posts going 4' down.

Auger Torque x1100-13
Belltec LC150
Premier MD06PD
Baumalight RC442

I believe they're all single pin attachment, how unstable might that be? Should I look to spend an additional $600-700 for a cradle or 2 pin attachment?

Thanks,
James

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
5.5 gpm is not a lot of flow. I am curious what the gpm is set at on excavator. I would guess the ground would have to be pretty forgiving to get much production out of that.

DeadMoo

5.5 gpm is not a lot of flow. I am curious what the gpm is set at on excavator. I would guess the ground would have to be pretty forgiving to get much production out of that.
It will be a slow turn about 50 RPM but should be fine for what I need it to do, post holes in backyards in the city here.