• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Auction Takeuchi TL150 - Moves funny or not at all, pls help

TVA

Where is strainer
Strainer is in the hydraulic fluid tank. The suction pipe comes from tank all the way to the front to double gear pump, which has single mutual inlet for both pumps. One of the two gear pumps is your charge/pilot circuit pump, the other is your functions pump. And your problem consistent with restriction in that area.

TVA

This is what happened.
Last pretty looking, painted up piece of equipment from auction I worked on - turned out to be real “pickle”!
Every hose was disintegrating, and I guess that manlift worked at some kind of a concrete plant or something, because it was looking really pretty, and they even bought original decals from Grove! But on the bottom everything was covered in big globs of concrete ( I think cement mixed with hydraulic oil), so to get to the hoses I had to first chisel out the chunks of that concrete, and probably because it was mixed on oil it was really crumbly! It was impossible to replace the hose without contaminating the system! So I had to diss assemble and clean all the manifolds and flow divider, clean them and re install. Center swivel and platform rotate leaked a rivers as soon as you touched controls, and one of the boom hoses had 1/4” hole in it!

TVA

To OP: if your strainer and suction turns out unobstructed, next step is to get a needle valve and the gauge, and pressure test both gear pumps. That’s if you don’t want to remove and inspect them. The functions and charge/pilot circuits are separate systems, but low pilot pressure could be too weak to move the spools.

jwinslow10

PeterG have you ever found out what the problem could be? My Gehl CTL80 does the EXACT same thing and I’ve been trying to get a lead on what is wrong.

Try letting your machine warm up for about 15-20 min at 1/4 idle and then test it. I have a TL130 that the left track won't back up well until the machine is well warmed up. Also clean the lap bar sensor.

Stephen Doyle

View attachment 201708 While the more input, the better, before chasing the travel issues, let's start with something more simple.
No hydraulic function works correctly, so, as mentioned above, the pilot pressure is suspect.
And, without sufficient pilot pressure, nothing works right.

I'm saying stay away from the travel issues because even the loader arms respond poorly, which points to, if the pilot pressure is good, a problem with the gear pump.

There are 4 pumps...front to back, pilot, loader, travel 1 & travel 2.

The front 2 are gear pumps and, if you dont have gauges to test them, they can be easily dissected and inspected. Myself, I'd find gauges first.

And, all four pumps need sufficient oil supply.
The loader hydraulics are filtered with a horizontal filter under the passenger side of the cab. That cartridge has been known to suck shut on my 3 TL150 machines.
I believe a 1-1/16 or 1-1/8 wrench fits the hex at the rear. It won't affect travel, but it sure will affect loader operation.
Regardless, it absolutely should be changed, and the old one inspected.
McCall, I’m wondering if that filter sucking closed could be causing the whine that this tl150 has. Or a more likely suspect? I traced it to the gear pump with stethoscope. Is that filter inspected and serviced from underside of the machine? Thanks