• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ASV SR80 2006 model - several questions

kckc

Hi
Fairly new to CTL/MTL and hoping you guys can give me some direction.

Just started using hydraulic attachment - it's a stump grapple. when using the rolling button the grapple moves up easily but it doesn't stay up there - once I move or tilt the bucket the grapple closes. am I missing a step or is there a problem with the machine or attachment? attachment is brand new.

Next question, I seem to stall the machine - I'm sure that's a safety issue when I get too deep or into a hard root but it happens fast and often. The machine seems to run just fine - am I just in a learning curve with this? It's not like I push & push then it stalls, it really happens pretty quickly and without any warning.

The bucket positioning button isn't explained in the manual - is that the leveling option for lifting or lowering the bucket or something different?

I'm going to ask in another thread but I'm hoping to find a mobile mechanic in NC (not far from Charlotte) to do maintenance or handle other issues on this machine if anyone has a recommendation.

Thanks for any help.
K