• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ASV RC100

Greybrook

Looking for some guidance finding a reliable parts source.

Recently purchased a used RC100 that was pretty abused. I’ll need to replace both LH and RH joysticks as the previous owner went all ape on the controls and gouged out every switch cover there is! Now to push any button on the sticks requires jamming your finger into an a rough chew’d hole and trying to find the micro switch.

Also any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated as this is my first ASV.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Keep an eye on front RH engine mount, IIRC. The bolts had a habit of coming lose and dumping the engine oil. Other than that some had problems with the track rollers wearing and that may have been fixed in the PT series, am not sure if they are interchangeable. They are in the most part very reliable and no electronics it mess your head.
Sorry, can't help with the control levers.

Greybrook

Happy to say I’ve found a parts source at https://www.vineandbranchequipment.com/ with knowledgeable sales folks that take the time to make sure you’re getting what you need instead of what you *think* you might need.

This skidsteer has been a can of worms since I took delivery and I’ll NEVER purchase any equipment off eBay again *hangs head* So I’m sure I’ll be back with more questions about gremlins as I peel this onion.

lantraxco

ASV never seemed to get far from it's back of the barn roots, CAT bought part interest long enough to steal the undercarriage design, and then I think dumped them like a hot potato. I worked for a CAT dealer at the time and got a call one day from an angry mechanic who informed me we were the by gawd dealer and I had better hop to it and get him some parts. Several hours later the word came back down from the mountain on stone tablets that, yes indeed we *were* suddenly and ASV dealer and would I like to get my phone cranked up and order some damn parts books. Wasn't hard I think they only had four models at the time. Good machines but from what I heard high maintenance. https://cart.bairproducts.com/ has some aftermarket upgrades if you get to that point.

Greybrook

Well got it back up and running, replaced ALL wire harnesses, belts and alternator and have a new battery. Runs great but won’t charge, diode is fine and I’m stumped.

My only guess is possibly the battery has a short? If I disconnect the leads off the alternator, it’s putting out 14v+ as soon as I re-attach, the alt stops charging?!? Gonna lift up the cab this week and disconnect the battery and put a meter on it to see if powers getting there. Any ideas?