• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ASV RC100 tracks/undercarriage angle outward at the bottom.

Fog

As the title says...

Bought a used ASV RC100. I had it parked on the flat ground in front of my shop and noticed that the tracks are at a slight angle, sitting just a little wider at the bottom of the undercarriage than at the top.

Is this normal?

I was watching my brothers new Cat 259 CTL and it seems it is the same way.

Anyhow, it runs fine and undercarriage is in good shape overall, just has me curious.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Bent duo torque suspension is my guess and have seen it on a PT110 with 700hrs. The RC100 do snap those front rods. Cat uses the same suspension on their MTL's

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Cat had issues with that early on. I thought they fixed that.

Fog

It's on a job right now making me money but when I get it back to the shop I'll lift it up and look it over.

Seems new suspension is about $4000 and it looks like a pretty easy swap.

seville009

As the title says...

Bought a used ASV RC100. I had it parked on the flat ground in front of my shop and noticed that the tracks are at a slight angle, sitting just a little wider at the bottom of the undercarriage than at the top.

Is this normal?

I was watching my brothers new Cat 259 CTL and it seems it is the same way.

Anyhow, it runs fine and undercarriage is in good shape overall, just has me curious.

I have an ASV PT-50 - tracks are straight - no angling

f311fr1

You can down load parts and service books at Track Loader Parts. The RC100 has spacer plates front and back that depending how you turn them can make up for a fully adjusted track (more track adjustment). See attached. They might come in handy.

Attachments

• RC100 Electrical Schematic.pdf
    480.2 KB · Views: 9
  • RC100 Hydraulic Schematic.pdf
    172.5 KB · Views: 13

Fog

You can down load parts and service books at Track Loader Parts. The RC100 has spacer plates front and back that depending how you turn them can make up for a fully adjusted track (more track adjustment). See attached. They might come in handy.

Thanks for those Schematics, I'm sure I'll use them at some point.

Looked over my undercarriage and the diagram at track loader parts and couldn't find the spacer plates you mentioned. It was late and I'd been logging all day so it was probably right in front of me and I just missed it.

f311fr1

See attached. I have seen the plates installed with no regard to the spacing so that one side of the track is longer/shorter than the other.

Attachments

• ASV RC100 14 inch track keepers.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 17