• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

asv rc 30 track tensioner question

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
I recently replaced the the old turnbuckle style track tensioner with a new hydraulic/grease fitting style from Bair products on my asv rc 30 . I loaded it up with grease to the proper deflection specs, and everything works fine keeping tension etc. I noticed yesterday as one of my employees was driving and taking tighter turns with it, the tensioner was compressing in and out almost like what a shock absorber would do. it did this as the track lugs would pas over the roller sprocket. Is this normal for that type of tensioner? and is is going to create a problem? the old turnbuckle style obviously has no ability to compress and Im wondering if i lose a little power in the turns when the tensioner compresses under a little load...any thoughts would be great
thanks

Arny L

I have the turn buckle on mine, but I would think It has to stay tight through all ranges. Unless its designed that way. What does Bair say. Is there possible air pocket in tensioner that's not purged. That's the only thing that would allow it to compress.