• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

asv rc-100 fuel problem

bigblueox

does anybody know any thing about the perkins injection pump. i have an rc 100 that had water in the tank and line to the point that the waterseperator bowl ruptured when it froze. after drining the ramaining water and new filters and diesel adative i still can't get the beast to run. cracked the injector line and cranked her over put this did not yeild much fuel. the lift pump/filter work excelently. i'm stumped is there a hand priming pump? any tricks/tips. i'm strating to think the injectiong pump is wasted. anybody?thanks ~zach

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I wouldn't think you have a water issue in your injection pump. Water would be in the sediment bowl, that's what it's supposed to do, trap water. If the water had reached the injection pump with a quantity sufficient to freeze and damage it, then your engine would have quit running when you were last operating it because you would be pumping water to the injectors. I'm not sure which Perkins you have in your machine, but most engines have a primer lever on the lift pump to manually operate lift pump. If it does, take the pump "out" line loose, operate the priming lever and see if it moves fuel. If it does, you need to take all injection lines loose from injectors. Crank the engine for a few seconds, operate the primer lever, crank a few more seconds, operate primer lever. After a short time, you should have some fuel flowing from the injection lines. Re-connect injection lines, gently tap each line with a hammer just above injector nut while tightening lines to insure proper line seating. Crank the engine and see if it produces smoke, or better yet, starts. If it's trying to start, you could give it some light shots of ether to help it out. Good luck. ;)

bigblueox

i apperciate that but have already tried what you suggested. the lift pump works well however i am unable to find any primer lever. the machine is equipped with a perkins 1104c-44t 4 cylinder.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
i apperciate that but have already tried what you suggested. the lift pump works well however i am unable to find any primer lever. the machine is equipped with a perkins 1104c-44t 4 cylinder.

Sometimes you do come across a lift pump with no primer lever or button, I hate it when they do that. If you have performed the steps I mentioned, and you are certain the lift pump is delivering fuel all the way to the injection pump inlet port, we need to check one more thing before we remove the injection pump, that is, have you verified the fuel shutoff solenoid is operating properly?