• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ASV Control conversion

Boots

A friend just bought a ASV 4810 and was wondering if there is a conversion made, or how big a job it would be to swap out the 2 lever drive controls of the 4810 and replace it with the joystick controls of the newer RC machines?

Could it be done, and could you afford it? Is it a different valve and set up or just different control mechanism?

I don't know much about it except it really pushes snow. He loves his machine, just likes the newer controls better. Thought I would ask the experts here, this site has been a great help to me. Thanks:usa

Digdeep

A friend just bought a ASV 4810 and was wondering if there is a conversion made, or how big a job it would be to swap out the 2 lever drive controls of the 4810 and replace it with the joystick controls of the newer RC machines?

Could it be done, and could you afford it? Is it a different valve and set up or just different control mechanism?

I don't know much about it except it really pushes snow. He loves his machine, just likes the newer controls better. Thought I would ask the experts here, this site has been a great help to me. Thanks:usa

I don't think it would be possible. If I remember correctly the 4810 had mechanical linkages to the pumps and the new ASV pilot system has hoses running to a block that is tied into the pump. The other think is that the new ASV pumps are built by Rexroth and I think that the old 4810 pumps were just like the old Bobcats and used a sunstrand pump.

BIGBEN2004

Even if your friend can't swap out to a joystick he still owns one of the best MTL ever made in my opinion. They could go anywhere and almost walk on water unlike the new ones that have a much higher PSI and tracks that go from end to end of the machine. I would like to see a equal sized new ASV go head to head with the 4810.

vasman

I have a 4810 That I have had to replace the cable from the lever to the pump. I think the new machines only have one pump when the 4810 has 2 pumps. As for when I was in looking at in I dont think you would be able to change it over they have changed them a ton.

Paul