• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ASV any good?

Skidpro

I can say with absolute 100% certainty that CAT is still actively using the ASV undercarriage due to the fact that I still see truck loads of undercarriages heading down I94 on their way to the CAT factory in NC.

Are you sure they are for skid steers? are they badged ASV? no new skid steers have any ASV markings.... IF they are ASV good on them the new product is decent, now if only you could grease the bogies and idlers we'd all be laughing.

Digdeep

Are you sure they are for skid steers? are they badged ASV? no new skid steers have any ASV markings.... IF they are ASV good on them the new product is decent, now if only you could grease the bogies and idlers we'd all be laughing.

Yes. If you look at the CAT part number and then look 180 degrees to the other side of the bogie wheel you will see the ASV part number. The bogies and idlers are all using metal face seals now, just like dozers and excavators. They no longer need to be greased or filled with oil after they are assembled.

locomoconomo

Occupation
Equipment Operator for a Municipal Water Works
The Thompson Cat dealer in Oxford Alabama has a rental store well stocked with MTL's. New ones show up every day it seems. I've operated most of the tracked machines and I like em all compared to shoveling lol. I'm really interested in running one of the ASV/TEREX machines, partly because my dad worked for Terex for 20 years way back when they were all puke green and big as a house. He worked at some plant in a suburb of Cleveland Ohio, Brooklyn I think. Got a picture of me and dad standing in front of a Titan tire. In fact, it was Terex that spawned my love of heavy equipment. Hope to find a chance to operate one at a H.E. EXPO if I can find one in the S.E.,
SORRY for the high jack, we now return you to your scheduled programming....