• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ASV 4810 track axles

Bison

Occupation
Bison rancher
Upon doing some maintenance on my recently purchased ASV 4810 i found most track roller axles had no oil left in them and on some the brgs where shot.

New axle seals are $35 a piece,gets costly at $75 +30 brgs per axle.

I was thinking of re using the old seals and installing sealed brgs(inner seal removed) and filling the axles with grease.

Any one done that?

Mackcat

Thats what the they are doing for the new parts, they fill them with grease rather than oil. If your bearings are shot make sure you examine the inside of the axles for damage and also check the axle shaft that the bearing slides on. when the bearings went out on mine it ruined the axle shaft so it was cheaper to buy a whole new axle assembly rather than by the piece, and it came with metal face seals alot better than the old seals.