• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Astrodome coming down

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
It went up for a vote and the voters didn't want to millions to repurpose the building. So it looks like it will be demoed. I've already reach out to some of the contractors I know I'll be looking for a job if they get it.:cool2 I would love to see one of the big guys bring their monsters in to do it like Tesla.

Randy88

aaahhh isn't the astrodome in Texas, not sure it'll get taken down with snow but I could be wrong.

Nikolai

I heard on the radio that the Historical Society declared it a historic building. So we might not be seeing any cool pics

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
This is TX we don't care about no Historical Society. Unless they can find the funding its going down. Everyone sick of paying to let that place rot away. If I'm in town there will be pics....

Wolf

Dozerboy:

Love your comment about This is TX we don't care about no Historical Society.

That's how it should be done. Forget about the tree huggers and leaf lickers. (Pushing torey pines is so funny.) HA!

You back in the demo business at all these days? What kind of stuff are you wrecking? What machines are you running?