• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Asphalt paver attachment

ASPHALT04

Occupation
Owner / Doing whatever it takes to pay the bills!
Has anyone ever heard of a asphalt paver attachment for on the front of a skid loader?

jimmyjack

i seen one in a mag one time , looks good if you had a lot of trench work. with that said again only seen pics never seen it. the paving company i work at we just used a sidewalk paver when doing long trench patches

ASPHALT04

Occupation
I pave a lot of railroad crossings that are only 8' for track to existing road and no way to get paver sideways in hole. I drew up a plan for one just wondering if I should invest the couple grand and the time to build it. If it works I 'm definity going for a patten. If not I got a 1500lbs boat anchor!
I think I have seen the one your talking about and this is going to be completely different.

ASPHALT04

Occupation
Well, I bit the bullet and started building it. Hopefully it Quits snowing here soon and I can test it out. If nothing else I might have some pics of how not to build one!:D

jkiser96

Occupation
Concrete truck driver / business owner
How is the build going? That sounds like a new idea that if works would definitely be patented.

TriHonu

I was looking at a couple of trailers by Big Lake, MN a number of years ago. The guy selling them told me he had designed a paver attachment for a skid steer loader.

I have never seen one advertised anywhere.

TriHonu

I just found this Video of a paver attachment. It was designed and built by the Public Works Department in Cottage Grove Mn.

EqmtRunr

Occupation
Paving crew
Thats pretty darn cool:notworthy :cool2 I could see where that could have other uses too like a mini roadwidener for shoulders on small jobs. Now if only i could talk my foreman into letting us build one!:beatsme:p:D:ban

ASPHALT04

Occupation
I just found this Video of a paver attachment. It was designed and built by the Public Works Department in Cottage Grove Mn.

The idea that I'm using works more like a conventional paver screed. I have most of the material collected to build it; however not enough hours in a day right now.
I have a mechanic starting for me in about a week, so if he gets slow I'll put him on starting it. If worst comes to worse it always a good winter project.