• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Are you a grandad or grandson?? and who operated one of these??

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
DSCF0126.jpg

DSCF0130.jpg

DSCF0132.jpg

A Right Dino If Ever There Was One and it is still running and working.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Adding to that, 'owwww!' there is a similar Hitachi excavator near me, owned by a company called Maverick. The name says it all. It operates on the same sort of wobble stick controls, only I think that it is a bit younger, and a little better looked after. I will post pics when I dare to venture near it.

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Looks like the original "mobile oil leak" - a JCB, either an 807 or 808

stock

Occupation
x:drinkup:drinkup

stock

Occupation
still waiting on the model guys

stock

Occupation
the answer

woops post gone wrong

Last edited:

modelmaker

Occupation
Director
The JCB 5C was perhaps the best of the JCB tracked excavator at that time .. and at that time the cab was on the proper side, and yes i operated a couple of these in my time.

Attachments

• jcb5c.jpg
    jcb5c.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3,288
Last edited:

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
that has to be weired to operate with boom on the opposite side of you. I guess strange things come from Erie.:D

A lot of old excavators had the cab on the right-hand side. Some cranes(Link-Belt for example) still do.

stock

Occupation
A lot of old excavators had the cab on the right-hand side. Some cranes(Link-Belt for example) still do.

a lot of cranes from Japan have the cabs on the opposite side.

JCB 5C tynagh (9).jpg

At last it's takin pics again yahoo
the ANSWER

Last edited:

stock

Occupation
:drinkup:drinkup beer when we meet surprised DEAS didnt interfere though

Eddiebackblade

Lovely to see some old JCB tackle:)
I'm up in the Staffordshire Moorlands, quite close to the factory and every farm around here appears to have an old wheeled or tracked example.
The contractor i first started with had a 5c for loading muck spreaders and she could happily consume more hydraulic oil than diesel in a full shift!!
The water consumption was also quite alarming, nearing a 5 gallon drum per spreader at the death.
I know it wouldn't hold 5 gallon, but there was no cap on and you just sloshed the lot in the general direction of the rad and loaded another spreader.
.:D Happy Days!
If i remember the camera i'll take a few shots of my current mount, it's an 89 JCB 814 super Grey Cab that i actually used to own.
It has done some serious work but is still in reasonable condition and could actually be a really nice example with very little work.
Before you all start it, it only leaks a little from the dipper ram and even the powerslide works!
After a real variety of machinery driven this year, the old girl always brings a smile to my face and shows how an older machine can still turn out some serious work for very little cost.

dickyskye

jcb5c

Lovely to see some old JCB tackle:)
I'm up in the Staffordshire Moorlands, quite close to the factory and every farm around here appears to have an old wheeled or tracked example.
The contractor i first started with had a 5c for loading muck spreaders and she could happily consume more hydraulic oil than diesel in a full shift!!
The water consumption was also quite alarming, nearing a 5 gallon drum per spreader at the death.
I know it wouldn't hold 5 gallon, but there was no cap on and you just sloshed the lot in the general direction of the rad and loaded another spreader.
.:D Happy Days!
If i remember the camera i'll take a few shots of my current mount, it's an 89 JCB 814 super Grey Cab that i actually used to own.
It has done some serious work but is still in reasonable condition and could actually be a really nice example with very little work.
Before you all start it, it only leaks a little from the dipper ram and even the powerslide works!
After a real variety of machinery driven this year, the old girl always brings a smile to my face and shows how an older machine can still turn out some serious work for very little cost.

its def a 5c i have one

stock

Occupation
Welcome there Dickey, yea she a 5c that has since gone to China, a big pity because it wasn't in that bad a shape but the owner was offered €180 a ton for it so the rest is history....literally.....

Last edited:

oldtom

Occupation
diesel equipment maintenancesuperviser
Ha WabcoMan. wasn't there a 805 to and we all no what j.c.b stand for