• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Are NJ Companies hiring?

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
I currently work for a landscaper doing paver patios and i get to operate but im looking to do more. Ive been in contact with the owner of an excavating company that a friend recommended me to but it isnt going anywhere. i called him 6 times in 3 weeks and he tells me he wants me to come in for an interview but never sticks to it. He did tell me the first time he was slow that week and i heard another company laid off 15 guys. So i guess the question is how are your companies doing and would it be best to stay where im at until things pick up a little?

Could a mod move this to the personnel section for me

Last edited:

diversified man

Occupation
CEO
hammer i do alot of excavation and demo in new jersey. if i was you i would stay where you are at but keep your options open keep looking for a job that you want operating or whatever you want to be doing but stay with the guy your with so you can keep paying the bills. what kind of experience do you have operating. and how long have you been at it.

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
Well i do plan on staying with this company until i find what im looking for. Ive been messing with equipment off and on for a little over 7 years. mostly backhoes from case to john deere and jcb. digging stumps, loading trucks, spreading dirt. bobcats with hand/ foot controls and just joysticks only. kubota kx91, 161 and bobcat mini excavators. kubota tractors with rakes and loaders. I mostly drive a dump truck around picking materials up or im pushing a wheelbarrow. Ive got my Class A permit thats as far as ive gotten.
BTW my friend talked to the owner of the company that i was speaking to and the guy was jerking me around. He said he was too busy to train me. he could have at least said that. oh well
Frank

rino1494

Well, I live in Northeastern PA, about 1.5 hrs from the NJ border. We are getting ready to start a residential development later on in the year and it has been logged out. The developer has had calls from 2 companies from NJ and 1 from Philly looking to give bids.

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
My company is out of cranford/westfield but i live in piscataway. My previous job as a mechanic was in garwood.
I guess NJ companies are going where the money is. Then again ive heard of large companies traveling pretty far for jobs. Ie the demo of the GM plant in linden. that company came from the boston area i believe.

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
My company is out of cranford/westfield but i live in piscataway. My previous job as a mechanic was in garwood.
I guess NJ companies are going where the money is. Then again ive heard of large companies traveling pretty far for jobs. Ie the demo of the GM plant in linden. that company came from the boston area i believe.
Testa, yes there out of Mass...

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
Thanks i couldnt remember their name. I saw some videos of it on youtube. Is that who your working for when you move to Mass Tonka?

rino1494

Another developer in my area is in the middle of building a 99 lot development and I hear that another developer from NJ is after him to sell it and he will bring his own crew in to finish it. I guess that work in NJ has fallen off.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
here in lancaster co. pa work load is low as well. I was laid off from a site developer in nov. and have not heard one word from them.

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
Well i responded to an ad for an enviromental equipment operator a few days ago and got a response today. I didnt exactly fit what they were looking for but asked if they would train me and his supervisor agreed. Im going to give them a call this week and find out what they are offering. could be pretty cool.

Sorry to hear about that stumpjumper. what are you doing now?

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
Well ive made 2 calls into the enviromental company and havent heard anything back yet. looks like im going to have to keep looking.

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
i tried another company. he said "you start tomorrow on a backhoe" I told him im still employed and id like to give them notice. well he needs someone right away so im still looking i guess. 20$ an hour would have been nice too

JJK

i tried another company. he said "you start tomorrow on a backhoe" I told him im still employed and id like to give them notice. well he needs someone right away so im still looking i guess. 20$ an hour would have been nice too

If I were you I would of jumped on that......its hard to find a job even as a laborer by me some guys are so slow..........

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
ive got an appointment with the environmental company for wednesday morning and i just spoke with another guy who i might be meeting with on saturday night.

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
well things are going well with my job hunt. the company i was supposed to meet saturday night happened on tuesday. we talked for an hour and a half over dinner at a resturant. real nice guys. Then yesterday my friend gave me another guys cell whos looking for help. we talked for 25min and it sounds like a nice job. I decided to take monday and tuesday off next week to try things out with both companies for a day. Ill make my decision from there.

leaf74

Hi There guys (and gals)

I'm the operations Manager of a Marine Construction and Dredging Company in Eastern Canada. We are primarily a dredging company, and operate two Lima 2400Bs, a Manitowoc 4600 Series 3 Vicon, and mobile Linkbelt HC108B along with various support equipment.

We are currently expanding our operations and are interested in receiving resumes from experienced crane operators with dredging (ie clamming) experience. Experience with Lima and Manitowocs is a plus as is clamming experience. We clam with buckets ranging in size from 4 to 17 yard.

Please send resume to:

Attention Operations Manager

Fax 902 466 2483
email: harbour@ns.sympatico.ca

Our website is www.harbourdev.com

hammerdwn20

Occupation
pipeline
^ whats with the hi-jack?

I worked tuesday for a contractor in flemington and it was great. about mid-day the owner put me on a CAt ctl. same controls as our bobcat ot my current job but i thought the track design was crap and it had bad visibility everywhere. Today i decided it was going to be too far of a commute and 14hour days are going to burn me out. So i called the other guy and he asked me when i wanted to start. The 7th will be my first day. It mostly commercial masonry work but he does a lot more than that . thanks for everyones support