• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Are IT attachments interchangeable between brands?

DGODGR

Forkloader,
Might want to refer to post #15. Deere has special design that also will fit Cat and others.
Good Luck

I request clerification here. Are you talking about the loader coupler matching multiple brands or the backhoe bucket coupler? I have heard of the backhoe couplers that can do this, though if you are talking about the loader coupler, this will be the first time I've heard of that.

JCBiron

You had mentioned JCB in your original post, so I can tell you a little bit about their IT couplers....

When talking JCB Loadalls (telehandlers) and compatability, there are two basic carriage types: Compact Tool Carrier (JCB 520/524/527) and the JCB Q-fit carriage. The Q-fit carriage is found on the larger side-engine Loadalls from the 530 up to the 550.

JCB Backhoe IT couplers, as of right know to my knowledge, do not interchange with their telehandler counterparts (I wish they would!!)

As far as Wheel Loaders go, the JCB 416-436HT (or tool carrier) machines are all interchangeable. I'm not sure about the 409 and 411 machines.

Hope this helps.

Deereman

I request clerification here. Are you talking about the loader coupler matching multiple brands or the backhoe bucket coupler? I have heard of the backhoe couplers that can do this, though if you are talking about the loader coupler, this will be the first time I've heard of that.
Yes deere has a Worksite Pro loader coupler that will accept cat and other designs as well.