• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

anyone using mclaren tdf tracks on their CTL's?

multe

hey all, anyone having any issues with mclaren tracks? tdf in particular? I purchased a set and they started cracking in between the lugs straight away.. the first pic was after 2 weeks and then now..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 731
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 710

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
That does seem quick to start to crack. I would add that my Bridgestone OEM tracks have cracked out and so far has not caused an issue. I don't know that the cracking means it is necessarily defective. I will PM you with some additional info.

multe

for reference, the second pic is with 300 hrs, approx 3-4 months old

JDOFMEMI

A friend bought a set for his Kubota SVL 75. We installed one to replace a torn OEM track, and left the OEM on the other side. The Mclaren seem to wear much faster than the OEM, and they are chunked badly in just 150 hours or so. When turning on concrete, there is rubber all over the place on the Mclaren side, and hardly any on the OEM side.

Right now, with about 150 hours on the Mclaren track, it is in far worse shape than the OEM on the other side with close to 800 hours.

dirtmonkey

Occupation
dozer monkey , self employed
My McLarens have looked that for over 5 years and still rolling ! Just alittle rougher now :D

multe

did they look like that within 3 months? the tdf track is supposed to be the best. and they aren't much cheaper then factory bridgestones. I still have them, they have 2100 hrs on them and aren't cracked nearly as bad.

dirtmonkey

Occupation
dozer monkey , self employed
I understand your concern. To be honest , I don't really remember. I know the last year or two I've been waiting for them to just crap out and they haven't done it yet. It's kind of a game or challenge now.
I've tried other brands and the McLarens have lasted the longest for me and with less track adjustments too. These are just my experiences but ,I am also the only one who has ever operated this particular machine with these tracks. If I was smart enough I'd post pics but .......
Best of luck !

hmearth

Hj dirtmonkey
cracks like that are caused by heavy pushing 75hp plus ctl's do that my drb, McLaren and camoplast tracks have all done it you only need to keep an eye on is where your carier rollers run when it chops there.

rockman

Hj dirtmonkey
cracks like that are caused by heavy pushing 75hp plus ctl's do that my drb, McLaren and camoplast tracks have all done it you only need to keep an eye on is where your carier rollers run when it chops there.

hmearth , have you tried the tracks from " tuff stuff " in NSW ?
.. supposed to not crack

Last edited:

lantraxco

Try a different tread pattern if you can. Could be the rubber was overcooked in the mold, could be they're using some recycle in their rubber mix. Only problem with the cracking down in the bottom like that, it opens the cables up to water intrusion, and even though they're "corrosion resistant" they will eventually corrode away and fail.

multe

hey, hmearth,
I was thinking the same thing, TAK tl10 is over 90 hp and also the lugs are pretty deep on the mclaren tracks. I haven't been able to put hardly any hours on them since I started the thread, it's been in the shop for over a month now with electrical issues

HillBoy

We've used McLaren tracks on Bobcat T300 for years and they have been lasting longer than most other tracks we've tried. I'm posting some pictures I took before replacing them with about 2,000 hrs on them. I think I remember seeing few cracks between the lugs in the beginning, but they did not cause any breakage and we kept running them until the tracks wore out completely. I like the smooth ride and better traction with these tracks that we can't get with the block style tracks.MBL on T300 (1).jpgMBL on T300 (3).jpg