• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone know who makes ASV Hydraulic cylinders

Nicker

I'm looking to buy direct since the Rc-100 bucket drifts because I have scored cylinders but I don"t want to pay the $700 the dealer is after.

Anyone know?:beatsme

farmboy555

Occupation
Owner Operator
Try Bailey's in Knoxville, Tn I get the parts from them to repair mine. They also make the to specs. dennis

Nicker

They can't help me. Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer stamp or mark on these cylinders somewhere?

74inchShovel

They may make their own, my local hydraulic shop can build cylinders from scratch, so ASV might well do the same for many reasons.

Iron Horse

I'm looking to buy direct since the Rc-100 bucket drifts because I have scored cylinders but I don"t want to pay the $700 the dealer is after.

Anyone know?:beatsme

How do you know you have scored cylinders ? Have you had them apart ? If you are meaning scored rods , this wont cause your problem unless they are leaking oil externally . Your problem could be in the control valve .

Terex now owns ASV .

Nicker

Yes I have had them apart becuase I thought they would need a seal kit. The cylinder walls are scored to the point where a seal kit would be a throwing good money after bad. (Just like the Bail out.)

csteer

Occupation
Wells Supervisor
You might check out Parker or Northern Hyd. for the cylinders - also look at what caused the scoring.

KAC=CATeater

I have had cylinders re-chromed when they are damaged. Many times it is cheaper than buying new. Especially if your talking about 700 for a new one. US Chrome is who I use.

RichLan

The reason I mention Cat; they invested in ASV. I recently purchased used a SR 80
with 153 hrs on it. I had it serviced locally; not an ASV dealer. They ordered the filters
from the local ASV dealer. When I got it back and started using it, the oil filter was leaking.
They took it back to their shop and replaced the ASV oil filter with one from Cat.

Anyone else here have an ASV SR 80?

vasman

Take it to a local machine shop and have them build a new shaft. I have had this done 4 or 5 times and it cost 150. I have a 4810 that loves to bend shafts.