• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone know what it could be????

ASPHALT04

Occupation
Owner / Doing whatever it takes to pay the bills!
Last week or two I have saw 3 pieces of what I think is an huge excavator going East on I-90. I have not gotten in a good spot to take any pics however. The truck was in front of me a good ways but it had one track on the trailer that was as long and as wide as the trailer. Then couple days later I saw another track going.
I was heading West on Thursday and a bucket was heading south too, It was bright orange, I'm guessing about 12' wide and didn't clear the overpass by much. I am curious as to what the pieces are for because it must be huge. I keep watching for more but haven't saw anymore yet.

Anyone got any idea to what it is??????:confused:

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Last week or two I have saw 3 pieces of what I think is an huge excavator going East on I-90. I have not gotten in a good spot to take any pics however. The truck was in front of me a good ways but it had one track on the trailer that was as long and as wide as the trailer. Then couple days later I saw another track going.
I was heading West on Thursday and a bucket was heading south too, It was bright orange, I'm guessing about 12' wide and didn't clear the overpass by much. I am curious as to what the pieces are for because it must be huge. I keep watching for more but haven't saw anymore yet.

Anyone got any idea to what it is??????:confused:

First question is WHAT sort of tracks? Cleats or no cleats. What makes you think its an excavator, not a crane/dragline.
Do you think excavator because of the sort of bucket ? Pins not chains for connection, tracks got cleats not smooth pads?
What sort of max weight limits do you have, how many axles on lowboy? Come on we could get a serious investigation going here. :rolleyes:
AS for pics, we know we cant trust you as you have contacts in the future :naughty

Last edited:

ASPHALT04

Occupation
First question is WHAT sort of tracks? Cleats or no cleats. What makes you think its an excavator, not a crane/dragline.
Do you think excavator because of the sort of bucket ? Pins not chains for connection, tracks got cleats not smooth pads?
What sort of max weight limits do you have, how many axles on lowboy? Come on we could get a serious investigation going here. :rolleyes:
AS for pics, we know we cant trust you as you have contacts in the future :naughty

As for the tracks; they were cleated, excavator type not dozer or smooth. They were the complete set up, under carriage and all. The tracks were being hauled on spread axle flat bed trailer.
As for the bucket; It was a pin type, It looked like a standard excavator bucket, just super-sized:D. It was being hauled on a spread axle drop deck.
Not to mention that the bucket "appeared to be brand new" (70 mph estimate)

I have saw a lot of cranes and drag-lines (Lived around strip mining area most of my life) and I honestly would rule those out of this investigation:rolleyes:
Curiosity is killing the cat!!

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
Probably a huge Hitachi, if it keeps going east on I-90 until the end of the road I will see it.

ZX850LC-3 size? or a front shovel? EX1200

ASPHALT04

Occupation
Would a EX1200 handle that big of bucket?

ASPHALT04

Occupation
Just to add a bit more, a 1200 tracks are not that wide or long if you look at the specs; the width is at max is 44" and only 22' 9" long. The biggest bucket shown is only 7' 7" wide and weighs 14,000lbs. Still leads me to believe whatever it is is larger than that?!?

Ron Light

As for the tracks; they were cleated, excavator type not dozer or smooth. They were the complete set up, under carriage and all. The tracks were being hauled on spread axle flat bed trailer.
As for the bucket; It was a pin type, It looked like a standard excavator bucket, just super-sized:D. It was being hauled on a spread axle drop deck.
Not to mention that the bucket "appeared to be brand new" (70 mph estimate)

I have saw a lot of cranes and drag-lines (Lived around strip mining area most of my life) and I honestly would rule those out of this investigation:rolleyes:
Curiosity is killing the cat!!

Sorry for my other post, just saw this one:eek: