• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone have the instructions on replacing 580 sk parking brake?????

nitro

Occupation
gc
figured that the front bucket isnt always a good emergency brake.(but it does work pretty good) and saw that the discs are not expensive at all so if it warms up a tad i might just tackle the job.
i dont have a manual yet but hope to once i recuperate from the christmas shopping frenzy (the wife goes a little crazy for the kids)

bowen

Occupation
Electrical Panel Builder
What parts are you thinking needs replacing?

580SK_Brake.gif

Does this look like what you have? My 580SE is totally different to this with the pads external and easy to replace.

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Sorry nitro seemed to have missed the first post.
Clean front of trans to prevent dirt going into trans/ your eyes - will make it a little more pleasant.
If 4wd - both driveshafts come out
Then disconnect park brake cable from actuator at front cover
Drain trans oil
Remove 4wd selector lever & housing - if 2WD remove cover
Remove park brake housing - take note of different length bolts
Replace worn bits
Thouroughly clean housing surfaces & reseal using Loctite 515 or good quality RTV silicone.

**Note - you will find more than discs to be problem + if a 4WD check the selector fingers ;)

Attachments

• 580SK park brake.jpg
    580SK park brake.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 194
  • 580SK fingers.jpg
    580SK fingers.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 174

bowen

Occupation
Electrical Panel Builder
580SK_Brake2.gif

Maybe this is the part diagram you need.:confused:
Wow, this is different to mine. Makes me proud to have an SE

While I was posting this I see the photo from alrman and this may be the wrong diagram. Is it a 4WD?
Maybe I should stay out of this thread. I clearly know nothing about the parking brake on a 580SK:D
No one was responding and I was just looking for a diagram that would help...:guns

nitro

Occupation
gc
Yeah it's 4wd and it supposed to have external discs but be4 I go tearing into it figured I'd learn what's involved
The parts seem to be not too expensive from cnh
The pics and info are much appreciated