• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone have some used 17.5 - 6 hole bud wheels used?

workshoprat92

Hey guys I have an old miller tilt top trailer I that runs the old tube type wheels. I want to get this thing converted over to tubless 6.75 x 17.5 inch wheels with 6 hole bud pattern. I think the 6 hole is gone be hard to find. I know I can get them new but Id like to get a deal on some used ones. Not trying to be cheap but were not that far out of the economy colapse LOL. anyhow here is a pic of my old wheels.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Old Junk Man

11143Hwy 90 West Pocahontas Arkansas 72455
Occupation
retired
U haul used oddball sizes to prevent theft. There tires & wheels wouldn't fit nothing else. Ive got a 65 one ton that was a former U haul . It has the 17.5 6 hole rims. they are two piece split rims that require a liner and inner tube.The bigger two ton trucks had 22.5 wheels & tires. In later tears the one tons used 19.5 wheels & tires. Ive seen tubeless 17.5 wheels on motor homes.

DoyleX

Occupation
Lever Puller, Gear Jammer, Pipe Twister
They made 2 stud piloted 6 bolt lug patterns. What is the lug diameter? Hub hole diameter? I might have 2.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
Looks like the center is riveted in ?

Can you grind off the rivet heads and re-use the center ?

Weld your center into a new(er) rim.

workshoprat92

Looks like the center is riveted in ?

Can you grind off the rivet heads and re-use the center ?

Weld your center into a new(er) rim.

Honestly with all the ads on tv for lawyers wanting to sue big rig accidents I really don't think I want to take the liability of that. I know I could do it and do it properly. But still I just don't want to open myself up for that kind of liability. I think I will let Accuride or Maxion take that LOL.

workshoprat92

well I am starting to get the big picture that there wont be any of these rims on the market used with 6 hole buds. Mainly because if anyone bought some they were using them to replace their outdated 8.25-15 wheels and are using them and don't want to sell. I don't think there was any equipment made with the new 17.5 rims and 6 hole bud as OEM installed. I can get em new and I think that's my only option.