• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone Have Pictures of a Cat D-6 outfitted for Landclearing?

Dayton3

I happened to get a glimpse recently of a D-6 (with the elevated drive sprocket).

It was outfitted for landclearing with the very large V-shaped landclearing blade, extra protection for the cab, and a large forestry plow on the back.

Anyone know of good images of D-6 dozers (or other Cat models) outfitted in such a way?

td25c

It's not a cat D-6,but it has a rome plow on it.I have not been around the V blades.I like the rome plow for clearing.It works good on trees,stumps,dence bush.I sharpen it 3 times a day.I dont have much trouble with tree limbs getting me or the dozer as the plow rolls them of to the side.You still have to use caution as with any job.

Attachments

• scan0027.jpg
    scan0027.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 2,781

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Here are a few of the machines I've been around. Set up for land clearing.

Trbo

TD-15C with sweeps and screens.
15C and JD 850 with sweeps and screens.
D6H with sweeps and screens.

Attachments

• Jason@Stevenson's (Small).jpg
    Jason@Stevenson's (Small).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 2,533
  • Hv7 (Small).jpg
    Hv7 (Small).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2,239
  • 102_1989 (Small).jpg
    102_1989 (Small).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 2,273

dawoodwa

It's not a cat D-6,but it has a rome plow on it.I have not been around the V blades.I like the rome plow for clearing.It works good on trees,stumps,dence bush.I sharpen it 3 times a day.I dont have much trouble with tree limbs getting me or the dozer as the plow rolls them of to the side.You still have to use caution as with any job.

I have run a 16B over a lot of land doing prep work for the Forest Service and for various timber companies. I have only used a KG blade like this one, never a V blade. If the 16 won't shear it off then you can bust the trunk with the stinger and take it down.
I have had a small sweetgum roll under the blade and then shoot up in the cab on the right side and get me in the side of the head. It was a cold day, couldn't feel my ear and didn't know if I had it ripped off till I got to the service truck and looked in the mirror. Cut me pretty good, amazed that it even got into the cab with all the caging that we used. We enclosed the cabs with shaker screen from a local rock quarry.
We used full screen enclosures on the cab, screening over the limb risers, had a protector built out of plate steel for the exhaust stack, and full engine enclosures. The engine enclosures, although a necessity, created tense momemts if leaves caught on fire that had gotten into the engine compartment.
We also pulled drum choppers, I believe made by Marben, behind the tractors as we were shearing based upon the needs of the customer.

td25c

Great pictures Redbug.Do you like the serrated cutting edge better?My K/G blade has the stait edge,and I often wounder if the serrated is better.

Redbug

Occupation
Retired and loving it...
I don't own a dozier, 25c. However, down this way most of the ones you see have the serrated cutting edge. And they get sharpened now and again. Pretty wicked tool. Usually they wait a year after the land has been clearcut. That lets the stumps and debris soften up. They they go in, shear the stumps off and row up the soil.

td25c

I don't own a dozier, 25c. However, down this way most of the ones you see have the serrated cutting edge. And they get sharpened now and again. Pretty wicked tool. Usually they wait a year after the land has been clearcut. That lets the stumps and debris soften up. They they go in, shear the stumps off and row up the soil.

Alot of times I am clearing woods that was "timbered" a year or two erlyer.ther will be alot of weeds,grass,& plants 3 feet tall on some jobs.One thing I like about the cutter blade is I can run it close to the ground to find the stumps,then when I find one it slides the tractor to the left a bit.With a strait blade it will rattle your teeth when you run in to a stump.The cutter blade is a wicked tool,My buddy calls it the "grim reaper".I looks mean setting on the loboy to.Alot of people just stare at it.