• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone have a recommendation on equipment to make hydraulic hoses?

Bote

Thanks for all the advice. I've requested a list of hoses for the two loaders. I'm just going to keep spares. I'm also investigating why we have so many failures.

I have to confess that having access to hose making equipment was attractive to me from a personal standpoint ;) but after evaluation it didn't make sense.

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
I don't have a constant use machine but the only premature hose fail I had was due to some "Made in Italy" hose. Unfortunately I had that shop make a lot of my hoses before this one failed. On the upside although all the hoses they made for me were foreign made that one that failed is the only one labeled "Made in Italy". Hopefully the other brand hoses will hang tough.

I switched to having Gates hoses made with Gates fittings and so far I'm happy with that. I think they make all their hose and fittings in the US.

You might want to check your operating pressures and make sure they are within specs.

Another concern would be operator abuse.

I was warned years ago by a backhoe operator that told me when digging out stumps to remember the machine was made for digging. He said to dig until it falls over in the hole and not to try and pull it with hydraulic force.