• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone ever attached teeth to a speed mover?

fastline

So I bought a cheaper one years ago. 12ft. Realized the BS in the first strike and the seller just said to bring it back, but I had a job to get done.. Here I am, owning a POS that honestly pulls a nice flat pass, but I can't dig with it, not enough weight to get that done, and when box is loaded, not enough hydro cylinder to lift the box. Basically I got the starter kit and now stuck with making it work, probably for the same price as a real one.

What I noticed is it will firm the soil in the first pass, then will dig nothing. I previously resorted to pulling a disc plow, then snagging that dirt with the mover. Big time waster.

I am curious what you guys have seen to make these work right? Is it weight? Blade angle? ripper teeth? All I know is I want to be able to revert back for finish work.

I will say this, my dad custom spec'd a box that may have been the innovation seen today, which is a hydraulic ripper cage that will move. We were doing very odd but EXPENSIVE work and what we got was an 8 way box design and I can tell you after running that, everything else is puke. Drop those rippers in when needed, the pull them for final.....done. And hook that to a 110HP compact 4x4 industrial tractor. The send!

bam1968

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
I can't remember the brand name but my neighbor has one with a hydraulic ripper bar. He is happy with it. Not only can it rip hard spots but the extra added weight helps it hold grade better as well.