• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

anyone else sick of this yet....

ohioduramax

Im loving every minute of it. I have nothing better to do. Been laid off for 6 weeks and cant collect unemployment

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
We haven't gotten snow yet, but I could use it after the horrible year I had work wise.

Reuben

We haven't gotten snow yet, but I could use it after the horrible year I had work wise.

Ya guess I really should complain,We are still just really busy with moving the 'ol dirt. It is nice money,last year we invoiced out almost $42,000 in snow removal

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
Ya guess I really should complain,We are still just really busy with moving the 'ol dirt. It is nice money,last year we invoiced out almost $42,000 in snow removal

Yeah, last year we had work through the winter, this year, things are dead. I laid a few guys off on Halloween. I try to keep everyone till Christmas. Crossing fingers for snow and broken water mains this winter.

JS580SL

Occupation
operator
Ive spent many of many hours plowing and doing snow removal with our old 580Super L. We just had our new Deere 410G delievered the other day so Im anxious to put it to work. It's a change from the Case but it's a very nice machine. Im lucky I get to run it.

I dont mind plowing snow, it gets old at times but I do like being out in the storms.

brynbaily

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Snow??? Whats Snow:D
I knew that reply was coming soon..... :Banghead

Personally I'm sick of cold. We've hardly had any snow. Most the lake effect stuff just misses us. In my opinion if its going to be cold there may as well be some white stuff to go with it!
Heck, I mite even get a chance to make a couple bucks too :D

Red Bank

Let's see, you get to sit in a heated cab, probably listening to the radio, not much traffic to deal with, and you are out of the house and getting paid:), how could anyone be sick of that?:D What always gets me is that here in NC, the rare chance we do get some snow, everyone wants their parking lots cleared, then the snow stays piled up for weeks, if they would wait a day or two it would all be gone. Comes in quick and leaves quick down here. But two weeks ago I did get up to find about two inches on the ground, gone by lunch but was very suprised to have snow this time of year.

Turbo21835

Lets see Red Bank. Working a 10 hour day, getting home at 7pm. You fall asleep at 10, then you get a phone call at 1am, time to go plow. When you leave the house you dont know when you will see it again. It can be 6am, it can be a day or two later.

Reuben, I can see how your sick of snow already. You are pushing with a case after all. We havent had to push any snow yet. Weve had a couple small storms, combined with a warm parking lot, means no snow to push.

Reuben

Lets see Red Bank. Working a 10 hour day, getting home at 7pm. You fall asleep at 10, then you get a phone call at 1am, time to go plow. When you leave the house you dont know when you will see it again. It can be 6am, it can be a day or two later.

Reuben, I can see how your sick of snow already. You are pushing with a case after all. We havent had to push any snow yet. Weve had a couple small storms, combined with a warm parking lot, means no snow to push.

lol......I love my case's. :D. Very very dependable and strong........Thats why I get sick of plowing because I never get any sleep. plow from 5am-7pm. eat dinner spend some time with the kids. take a nap go back out to 3-4am. OH and yeah building roads,spend three hours plowing snow just to get to the dirt you have to push,chain up the triaxles twelve times a day. Ya its nice to have work but man I can do with out the snow and the cold. Last week we had to clean the tracks on the dzrs and xcvtrs several tmes A day so it didnt freeze in there.

Greg

Occupation
Excavating Contractor
Hey, it produces a thingee called "REVENUE."

alan627b

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Reuben
All we've gotten so far is a flurry this morning, but already I'm thinkin'....

Last edited by a moderator:

John H

Occupation
Arborist, Equipment operator
That's because Peter Noonan hasn't decided to let it snow in W.Bridgewater yet sparky...Doesn't he control EVERYTHING over there?:D:D:D:cool:

Just about

coopers

Well if you're sick of snow please send it my way because I can't get enough. I don't have to plow though so I don't care...haha, I can enjoy it in other ways.

CASE looks good though! :)