• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anybody have an F series bobcat with factory roof glass

demetrios007

Hey guys Im almost done restoring my 751 and Im about to install the roof glass. the sealing gasket is different than the door and rear glass it has no locking cord seal it just has the tucking lip. Theres only a few inches between the glass and the mesh roof I am just wondering if the tucking lip goes to the inside of the machine or to the outside of the machine. I would think it goes to the outside but how the heck are you supposed to work it in there. Maybe this is meant to go to the inside I think i can get it to go that way looks like the glass would still sit flush/slightly outside the cab, just dont want to do it wrong and have glass fall on my head one day. dealer has no clue its been decades since they have done one they said prob outside w lip but that is standard way of doing it on anything. thanks for anyone taking the time to look at theirs and replying back its much appreciated

NinePine

demetrios007.
On mine the lip was toward the outside. The lip doesn't really seal the glass. The bolts sandwich the gasket between the glass and cab roof. Hope this helps. Good luck. I am not out at the farm. otherwise I would take a photo.

demetrios007

thanks for the help, my gasket isnt like the one pictured in the video above Ive spent hours searching the net and youtube nobody shows a top glass install. Its the right one came for the machine factory glass. On the F series they dont use the bolts w knobs I checked the online catalog schematic its just the gasket and glass. This one has 2 channels, 1 for glass 1 for machine, and has that lip that you tuck and it locks the glass in, but has no cord like a back or front window does. theres about 4 inches above the glass to the main part of the steel of cab, the front of the cabs are lower above the control sticks in the F machines. gonna try it w lip to outside first, thats how one youtube vid showed it with putting glass into an older pickup w a similar type gasket.