• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any tips or tricks to get this rusted in pin out.

Tinkerer

If I wanted the pin out, I would use my 7" angle grinder with a new cut-off blade. Cut the pin on each side of the rod eye.
Then a simple job of blowing the pin ends out of the pad with ox/acty torch.
I don't think the pad has bushings in it.
If it doesn't get 1/8" pipe tap and the appropriate drill bit.
Thread the holes for zerks.

Tatersmt

When I get some time I'll try a couple heat cycles. Maybe try a hydraulic jack to try and get it moving.
Thanks everyone!

Midnightmoon

Looks bent to me too. Regardless of that I wouldnt mess with it just rebuild the cylinder with it on there. If you want to remove it, cut the pin on either side of rod and replace the pin. I would do everything with the ram off the machine and on the bench since your removing it to rebuild anyway

JSLBNY

Weld a good sized nut to the pin end and put an impact gun on it, apply heat if needed. I second not messing with it if you just need to re seal the cylinder.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I was going to suggest cutting it, Drill through it to give a channel for a BIG oxy acetylene cutting tip to follow. After burning most of the pin stock out, let it cool. It'd drive out then.

I didn't need to suggest, better minds than mine already said all that.

emmett518

Remember what the three Stooges said.
If it jams, force it.
If it breaks, it needs replacing anyway.

or

When in doubt, blast!