• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any hope of getting this pin out?

rickw

My Stihl 14" hot saw would also be my choice also if a sledge didn't do the deed.
Even if the gap is widened a little from the saw blade a couple of washers would fill it.
And The new pin came drilled w/ a grease zerk on the end. So now it can be kept lubed.

Andy1845c

Occupation
Electrician
Well I put it back together today. So far so good. It was lazy before and would drift down over the course about about 2 days. Hoping that issue is corrected. It was also leaking oil out the end pretty bad. Confident that is fixed.

Thanks again for all the help/ideas/conversation!

Andy1845c

Occupation
Electrician
BBBBBut, did you get the pin out ????????? !!
Inquiring minds want to know.
No. I decided not to mess with it. Just left the rod attached and lowered the barrel back on with a chain hoist. Honestly went better than I thought it would.

I think if I need to get it out the 20 pound hammer plus the welded nut/impact would be the way to go though.

Honcho

If you don t need a pin, drill a hole in it as wide as possible and then spray a freezer inside

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Use biggest single flame torch you have. Heat center of the pin red hot, let it cool. Move to the other side, repeat.

DaveA

i would drill for a 3/8 bolt in the center of the pin and make a puller for it a piece of pipe and washer would work great