• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any Help with a Jaw Crusher and Screen Plant Preop Sheet?

barrelroll

Occupation
Mill Mechanic
Does anyone have a mobile jaw and screen plant preop sheet they wouldn't mind sharing? I'm a mechanic and I've been given the task of creating a preop check sheet for our mobile jaw and screen plant our operators run on occasion. They've been using the generic keep MSHA happy equipment preop sheet we use for every piece of equipment at the mine. After some screens fell out/ got destroyed because the tension bolts were loose I was asked to put something together.

The people running this thing aren't crusher guys or very mechanical and I'm struggling. I'm trying to make it easy enough to follow so the simple things that cause down time checked without getting called up every morning they preop it. I've been using the Metso manual for daily checks though am struggling how to make it simple and clear on what to actually check. When I check the machine I walk around the machine looking at a ton of things before I start it, check the engine fluids/ belts, fire it up and check for things again once it's running and everything is moving. Attempting to put what's going on in a mechanic's noggin on paper so an operator can comprehend it is kicking my butt.

Any hints to making a simple though thorough preop for non mechanical operators would be awesome.

skyking1

What kind of drive on the jaw?
When I was working the mobile plant i greased it all once a week. i was not the operator, I was feeding it with a loader.
I'd say grab a grease gun and think about what can break while greasing it, and then build your checklist. I never saw loose screens so the plant operator must have been on top of that.
I would look for spots where dust and chips can build up and trash the end rollers, any drive belts, loose guards.

63 caveman

Not sure if I can help you but you may have helped me!
Changing screens can be a real SOB. Next time I have to change them I'm going to loosen the tension and run the screen for a bit see if it helps! I already figured out to loosen the wedge on jaws and run big stuff through it (in reverse) to change or flip them.

mikey531

I am a retired MSHA inspector and I may have some forms that could help you.

barrelroll

Occupation
Mill Mechanic
I am a retired MSHA inspector and I may have some forms that could help you.

Thanks, I'll PM your my e-mail.

I used the Sandvik books and got one written up. Luckily they've decided not to try and run the thing throughout the winter and it's sitting till the white stuff is gone.