• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Yes, that's a quaint little place east of Deary, I think at last count there were 500 firearms per
household. Went there with a guy to haul a 50 chevy back about 15-16 years ago.
I was looking at a shop right outside of Deary. It's the old Alpine trailers shop. 17 acres, two buildings and wash pad etc. They want $2 million bucks for it though and there's not even an overhead crane. Pretty steep if you ask me?

Truck Shop

I was looking at a shop right outside of Deary. It's the old Alpine trailers shop. 17 acres, two buildings and wash pad etc. They want $2 million bucks for it though and there's not even an overhead crane. Pretty steep if you ask me?
Would you be surprised if it wasn't overpriced considering the area. In some cases {most all}
commercial property around here is not far off from the westside. Most of it is way over valued
because of wineries.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Would you be surprised if it wasn't overpriced considering the area. In some cases {most all}
commercial property around here is not far off from the westside. Most of it is way over valued
because of wineries.
I sold my shop on the westside which was 8,400 ft² with a 10 ton overhead crane on 2.8 acres of commercial, permitted wash rack and fully fenced and gated for 575k.

Truck Shop

I believe some long ago relatives of mine had a small orchard in the South Okanagan. Its highway now I think.
This area was the pea capital of the U.S. at one time. There were 4 major canneries here,
all long gone. Milton Freewater had you name it in produce and vegetables long gone.
Still some apple and cherry orchards, but most has been taken over by grapes for wineries.
The Walla Walla Sweet Onions are still a major crop though. Still some asparagus too.
da0368ea-ec39-4030-bc9d-ea5845c35afd.jpg

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Not that I can think off Wife was from Clearwater / Barrier, Just a couple highway trucks and father in Laws KB11 logger.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
Not that I can think off Wife was from Clearwater / Barrier, Just a couple highway trucks and father in Laws KB11 logger.
I grew up in that area. Beautiful spot but sadly since the mills pulled out of Vavenby there's not much around there for work that'll support a family anymore.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Ken stayed on the Island and worked there, Bob and George moved up to Barrier where John was with his IH. John said that was the the only load he lost the cheese block let go.