• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
I've never seen that one. So, he is "pulling" down grade in pine country. Just what are they using for brakes?
Or, is it just a static photo shot?

Truck Shop

I've never seen that one. So, he is "pulling" down grade in pine country. Just what are they using for brakes?
Or, is it just a static photo shot?
It moved about 250', slow probably 5 mph in low range. almost flat ground. It was done by
a hollywood stunt company for the ad, at the rear trailer it had a choker cable tied off as a
dead man stop. People say it couldn't happen in todays world, it's just a static rolling load.
Hell I pulled a loaded T600 80K off the highway setting in a left had turn lane with a
exploded Cat injection pump. And it was on a slight super to pull it up. Moved it with 150
Dodge 318 in low range. The one below.
84 Dodge Right.jpg

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Braking was my real curiosity. The photo from the background was just south of the old Jennings reload headed towards Ripley north of Libby MT. There is a photo of a '75(?) Pete pulling a 10 trailer train on the same mainline. it is something like a .02% favorable down to Libby. the background is almost identical. You can see the photo in several locations in Libby. I think the photo is somewhere here in the archives of HEF.

Truck Shop

Doesn't have much to do with logging but another happening that proved much of nothing.
I did get away from the dairy when I was a kid and saw him at the Tri-Oval track in Tri Cities
around the same year 1967 jump some cars. I thought it was cool then but I was only 11.
Evel_Knievel_1967_Caesars_Palace_Jump_Crash.jpg

Welder Dave

Wasn't it a Toyota truck pulling a space shuttle in an ad 20 or more years ago? These stupid ads are probably why some people think they can pull 40K loads with a 1 ton. Ever notice when they show a new truck pulling a backhoe or dozer it's always off road and never on the highway?? Makes you go hmmm.

chris berlin

Wasn't it a Toyota truck pulling a space shuttle in an ad 20 or more years ago? These stupid ads are probably why some people think they can pull 40K loads with a 1 ton. Ever notice when they show a new truck pulling a backhoe or dozer it's always off road and never on the highway?? Makes you go hmmm.
It only pulled it over the bridge crossing the 405 freeway ! The really STUPID thing is the fact that the shuttle had to be moved from the self propelled platform trailers on to this idiotic dolly setup...reason...California Bridge laws are still in the last century....a trailer that brings less load on the road per wheel than a car can not cross the bridge...but this contraption with a much higher load per wheel can....

Truck Shop

That's a nice low cab.
img_1165-jpg.306828