• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I think its a Mack engine. Watched a video or read up on it a while back.
I pretty sure it's a Mack E-9 not sure but somewhere I believe I heard that it was actually a Scania engine used by Mack. Years ago we had two Superliners with that engine. First one was going strong until a pick-up pulling a trailer crossed the centerline and hit the Mack head on. Hard enough to bend the frame crossmembers of the Mack. As you can imagine the pick-up driver did not survive.

The second Superliner a 1993 RW713 was bought to replace it and up till a year ago was still being run hauling heavy equipment and hauling road materials over the road. As of a couple days ago I learned it was just parked when driver retired and has been sitting unused.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
What is it?
The #208 HDX Hayes hauled logs at Caycuse for a good many years . When it was retired from the log haul , it was repurposed for carrying a water tank for fire protection in summer and swapped over to a "sand truck" for Winter months . Any decent gravel can be poured into the box with a front end loader a grade shovel or excavator . The screens are "peaked " to allow finer sand and gravel to pass through into box and larger rocks to roll off to the side . The exhaust is directed through the box to keep it warm , the floor of the box is divided in the center and is sloped to the front to direct the sand out of a small opening on each side on to spinning disc's on each side spreading sand on road bed in front of truck "drivers" . The box can be lifted with a ram on the rear to control the amount of sand passing through the spinner's . With good sandy material it works very well . After a snow fall and roads were plowed , a dusting of sand got the logging trucks mobile again .