• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
I thought the long hood trucks in the 50's were known as West coaster trucks. seen a few IH with long hoods.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Bill Elliot Collection .I recognize this landscape . The setting is on top of "Garbage Cr." The # 663 Skagit tower is a 120 ft. telescoping slackline tower with a Tyee slackline winch mounted on a lowbed style trailer that was moved with a logging truck Sid Smith was the operator . The log loader is a Model 6 Northwest #79 a former grade shovel converted to a log loader . Ernie Harrison was the operator . I was the "Landing Man on this side , when Ernie finished the load and the truck left , quite often Ernie would straighten up the landing and get off the loader and go for a walk . While he was gone , I would unhook the Chokers , then climb up on the loader and sort the logs in the piles and get on the ground to be ready to unhook the chokers from the next "turn of logs" . scan166_.jpg