• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any brand log trucks

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
It is a window into a world most of us have never seen and never will, it makes me think I should take more pictures because someday someone might enjoy seeing what we are up too as well.
Is that Black Prince by the Pacific? Haven't seen him or HDX on here in a while.
Hello. Yep. That be me. I haven’t been on for awhile. My fb account was hacked so stayed away for fear of spreading the virus. Thanks for asking. Bp

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
They were off highway loads on highway trucks. hard on trucks for sure.
In the mid '70s, Weyerhaeuser Snoqualmie was down to two off highway trucks. We regularly ran 110,000+ on the highway trucks when hauling off highway. A little tippy with 8' bunks, but doable. If I remember correctly, the stake extensions stuck up an additional 4'. But, with biscuits for suspension, you could haul whatever you could load on the truck.... Load 'er up and load it until something breaks, then lighten 'er up 10 pounds for the next load.

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler