• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Another one followed me home.......

Shimmy1

Been looking for about 4-6 months for a loader. I hoped to find one with a 3rd valve, but I guess they aren't too hard to install. I've been watching this one for about 3 months and today made a play for it.

2016 WA320-7. 4800 hours, Q/C, decent tires, tight pins/bushings, not beat up at all.

Offered $10k less than asking, they countered with $5k less. Told them I'd let them know in a few days, they called back about a half hour after I left and said if I made the deal today, they'd give it to me for $500 less than my offer, so I got it for $99,500 plus tax. Guy I work with bought a 270-7 last spring and we really like it, so now the search begins for a grapple. Pics are the dealer's, so not the best.img(1).jpgimg(2).jpg

colson04

That's quite the machine. What are your plans for it? Land clearing with the grapple? Or will you be using it to handle pipe?

We have a WA180-3 that runs 356 days a year that has just been a solidly dependable loader. We bought it used about 7 years ago, moving sand and manure daily.

Shimmy1

That's quite the machine. What are your plans for it? Land clearing with the grapple? Or will you be using it to handle pipe?

We have a WA180-3 that runs 356 days a year that has just been a solidly dependable loader. We bought it used about 7 years ago, moving sand and manure daily.
Loading trucks, tree work, anything else where a loader likes to play. Someday hope to get a Faver grapple for it. For now, if I need it for tree work, I have access to a Grabtec grapple bucket. Guy I work with has a 270, I used it a little last season and knew it was a little light for what I need. In all reality, a 380 is probably what I should have, but they are a little fat to take off-road lol.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
That's a nice machine, Komatsu builds a good loader. I spent a lot of time in WA500's years back . . .

Shimmy1

That's a nice machine, Komatsu builds a good loader. I spent a lot of time in WA500's years back . . .
I loaded sugarbeets for three seasons for Transsytems. First year we had 450s, and a couple 500-3. Then, they went with all new 500-6. Still my favorite loader of them all.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
We had a WA600 at the quarry brand new Oct 24, 1996, when I retired in 2015 it had right around 25,000 hours on it. It had been somewhat semi-retired in 2005 as that year we got a new 988H to replace it as the main pit loader. Last I knew, about a year ago they still had the WA600 as a spare.

Over all I'd have to say it was/is a good machine last I knew it had never had the transmission apart or the final drives, brakes or differentials. Only major engine work, KT1150 Cummins, was when it dropped a valve and that I fixed only going as deep as pulling the heads! Hydraulic pumps and cylinders were a problem at first but most of that went away with up dated seals. Last I knew there was a new/rebuilt main hydraulic pump sitting in a box on the shelf since around 2005!