• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Another new M grader

michael james

Occupation
36 years working for a council, last 12 as a grade
I am looking at purchasing a new grader but have no experience with the joystick models. Does anyone have any recommendations? I will probably choose from either a Komatsu 655-5, Cat 140M, JD770G, or the Volvo 940.

Hi Stuball
I have operated a 555-5 komatsu and the JD770G at demo's, not in a typical work enviroment, and a 12 M Cat on fire tracks for 3 hours, personally l would prefer the komatsu or JD for first preference and then the cat (nothing to do with the joysticks), never been on a volvo so can't give a coment on them, only that they seem a well thought out machine.

len740

Occupation
equipment operator
hey stuball I run a JD870g lots of power and nice machine.didnt like the volvo,the cat was cool but dont like the steering ,as we know thats another subject. bye for now!!