• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

another Aus road train at work

rayman

road train.JPG This train was the longest in the country at one time.The fourth trailer was a power unit also about 375 hp and the tractor about 600 hp. The whole affair was back at the builders here where I live in Qld for refurbish before sale to another mine. It also runs on public roads

Wes J

Must be awful flat there. I pulled a hill today up the river bluff grossing all of about 27 tons and could barely get 35 mph with 425 horses under the hood.

Old Doug

Must be awful flat there. I pulled a hill today up the river bluff grossing all of about 27 tons and could barely get 35 mph with 425 horses under the hood.
Years ago I can remember alot or hills were the speedo didnt read anything. It would be interesting to go there and drive a truck.

Wes J

Years ago I can remember alot or hills were the speedo didnt read anything. It would be interesting to go there and drive a truck.

Sounds right. I used to run a lot of Internationals with mechanical DT466s. On some hills you'd be in low low trying to crawl your way to the top. It's pretty discouraging to downshift 8 times...