• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Amazing log trailer technology .

Iron Horse

I'm not sure , but i would think he would get 20 ton on the tri's , 16.5 ton on the drive and 6 ton on the steer for a combined weight of 62.5 ton (you can also get a permit to get 22.5 ton on the tri's if they are airbag under the road friendly suspension program). I'd guess the truck would weigh 10 ton with double chassis rails , fuel and chains etc. the front trailer would be around 6 ton and the jinker say 4 ton . So a 42.5 ton payload would be close to the mark .

dozerdave , climb in the cab with a log truck driver and be his offsider when you can , working in the bush is about as good as it gets . You will gain a wealth of knowledge keeping your eyes and ears open and may kick start a career in the forests .

Hendrik

Hi Iron Horse,

That is a beautiful setup. I have never worked in the woods simply because none of the loggers would hire a 16 year old kid. Insurance problems. I landed a job that summer leveling land.
Driving a log truck is a very difficult job, requiring a lot of experience. Lot of the stuff these drivers do makes the ice road truckers look like they are driving a Sunday school bus.
If that is what you want to, stick at it and get an offsider job. Not for the faint hearted.
Remember, not a lot of bitumen in the logging world.
These B and C doubles would do the easy side of things, you do not want to take a C down a steep dirt track.