• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Alternative bobcat hydraulic oil?

alco

For what it's worth, I talked to a guy who had an older jug of the Bobcat oil, and he said it had Mobil DTE 15M on the label in small print as well. Mobil DTE 15M Has been replaced by Mobil DTE 10 Excel 46, which is an AW 46 hydraulic oil.

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
I have been running 2 nine seventy five (975) bobcats séance 1982 and have only used 15/40 Delo motor oil in them. 1 of the machines has had a new motor replaced due to running it upside down for a short time starving the motor for oil and wiping out the bearings. The replacement motor was turbo charged bumping the HP from 85HP to 125HP. Both machines have over 10,000 hours on them and run great except for the sun strand hydrostatic pumps are getting weak. each time I change hydraulic oil (still 15/40 Delo) they run strong for about 6 months. At the time these machines were new Bobcat recommended Delo 15/40 motor oil for the hydraulic system. 33 gal each.
They CHANGED the formulation of Delo, It is NOT what it used to be, in order to comply with new emissions regulations!!!